So here's how it works (although I'm pretty sure most of you have already been tagged by one "friend" or another), I tell you eleven facts about me that you probably don't know. I answer Tia's questions, I ask eleven of you to do the same, and I give you questions to answer. Sound like fun? Keep reading to find out. Maybe you're one of the eleven, and if you're not and want in then feel free to jump in too.
Eleven Facts You Didn't (or Did?) Know About Me
1. I have run marathons in seven different cities, the furthest away being Paris, France. And yes, I have run more than seven stand alone marathons. Can you figure out how?
2. In my first two Ironman triathlons my swim times were the same, to the second. For an almost 4 km swim that’s a real skill. And if you’re curious I’ve done Ironman five times. I promise. I have the finishing medals to prove it.
3. In October 2011 I did not know how to turn on an iPod. True story, ask Orwell., I was a mess with a friend's smart phone too.
4. I have lived in London, England, and Melbourne Australia but Vancouver, Canada will always be home.
5. I live 800 metres away from where I was born. Kind of freaky I know.
6. During 2009, while living and teaching in Australia, I flew 50 times. My cheapest flight was $24 from Melbourne to Canberra (about an hour flight) which was $2 more than the cab ride to the hotel when I arrived.
7. I have a twitter twin who I highly admire. We figured it out over a mysterious cleaning fairy (who sadly never showed up).
8. My TV is still a box, and a really heavy one too.
9. In elementary school I learned how to read and write in Hebrew at the same time I learned how to read and write in English. French was added in grade four.
10. I eat corn on the cob with a fork. I’m really good at it too and rarely miss a kernel.
11. I’m very quiet in large groups and much prefer one on one conversations yet have no problem sharing to a room full of strangers.
Tia's Questions and My Answers
1. What are your favourite and least favourite colours?
When my students ask I say every colour but when pestered a bit more it's pink and brown. I'm not a fan of blue but turquoise is okay.
2. What was your favourite subject / least favourite subject in school?
I was really good at math so I guess it was a favourite. I felt I was a lousy artist because what I envisioned in my mind was never what I created. I still have trouble there. I’m a brilliant artist in my head, not so much outside of it.
3. Where were you born?
I was born less than 800 meters from where I live now. I wonder if anyone can top that? And yes, I was born in a hospital.
4. What was your lowest grade in your post-secondary classes? In what class?
I plea the fifth. Next...
5. What is the best characteristic you received from your mom?
Kindness and hopefully a few others. My mom was an amazing lady. Sheesh I miss her.
6. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Celebrating my birthday with just my mom and my dad. I picked the restaurant, and I picked the ice cream shop after. As the middle child of five I never got my parents to myself. This was a really big deal for me.
7. How old were you when you learned to swim?
Young, maybe 4? It helped keep me alive when my brothers tried to throw me into a pool during family vacations.
8. Is Disneyland really the Happiest Place on Earth?
Heck no. People, crowds, noise, smells. I can think of a lot better places I'd rather be. Did I mention I hate crowds?
9. What’s your favourite video you’ve watched recently on social media?
10. If you could plan it, what would your last meal consist of?
Hmm, more than likely something Asian.
11. What makes you happiest?
Spending time in nature.
Your Turn…1. Carrie Gelson
2. Aviva Dunsiger
3. Angie Harrison
4. Leka DeGroot
5. Kristen Wideen
6. Michelle Hiebert
7. Krissy Venosdale
8. Laura Komos
9. Elisa Carlson
10. Joan Young
11. Vicki Davis
My questions for you…
1. What is your favourite season and why?
*2. If you could travel any where, where would you go? Why?
3. Runner or walker?
4. What scares you?
5. What is one accomplishment you are proud of?
6. What have you been served, that you ate out of respect, but really didn't like it?
7. Water or snow sports?
8. Have you broken any bones? If so which ones? How?
9. Where's the furthest you've been away from home?
10. What is/are your comfort food(s)?
11. What's the biggest surprise of your life?
So here's the nitty gritty….
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Post back here with a link after you write this. Go on, you have homework to do.
*Yes Krissy, the moon is okay!
Love it. The corn and fork thing has me confused. Maybe one day you'll show me how it's done.ReplyDelete
It would be my pleasure Dean. Let's make it happen.Delete
Here are my responses.
Love them Angie! Love them. :-)Delete
Neat that you did Ironman triathlons. Appreciate the challenge. Have done 5 marathons and one mini-triathlon. Now, run just for fun and relaxation. Was wondering about the Twitter twin. You've come a long way with tech since 2011.ReplyDelete
Judy, my twitter twin is @techieang . Not only is she an incredible educator, she's an incredible person too. It's a true honour to be her twitter twin. As for me and tech, it's nuts really. I can't imagine life pre technology/social media.Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. And hey, congrats on the 5 marathons and one triathlon. There's no such thing as a mini tri. If you swam, biked, and ran you did a tri. :-)Delete