Well, leadership knows and agrees that using technology to replicate what you’re already doing without technology adds very little value to student learning and achievement. In fact, it may even negatively impact learning so obviously that isn’t why it’s been given to you. So how can iPad integration in the classroom help support your learners in a positive way?
- An iPad allows you create and capture learning in images, text, voice, and video.
- An iPad captures and enhances hands-on learning.
This student has created a home for a bear and is using an iPad to capture and record the dimensions of the home.
- An iPad supports personalized learning for each individual student.
- An iPad offers a low entry point for all learners, yet also provides a high ceiling for those who require it.
- An iPad gives each student the opportunity to record their voice and explain thinking.
- An iPad allows the teacher to hear a student’s voice even if they were not there when it was captured.
|This student has utilized annotation tools to capture and show their understanding of shapes in their environment.|
- An iPad allows any environment to become a place to create and capture learning.
|An artifact of learning created by a student using personal images they captured in their environment.|
- An iPad is a safe place to make mistakes as they can easily be fixed.
- An iPad is a safe place to capture and store on-going documentation of learning.
|These children are using the Book Creator app to create an artifact of learning. They know that with this app they can personalize their pages, add text, shapes, images, voice, and videos to make a high quality finished product.|
- An iPad supports student content creation
- An iPad supports student differentiation.
|This student has used both the iPad camera and the image search feature of PicCollage to show is understanding of units of linear measurement and when it would be best to use which unit.|
|This student used the image feature in PicCollage to create an artifact showing their understanding of tools used for various types of measurement.|
- An iPad supports creativity by the various ways it can help students create their own content.
- An iPad supports collaboration through working together to co-create an artifact of learning.
- An iPad supports critical thinking by being a tool that has so many options and variables to create with.
|These children are working together to create a story with images drawn by other students. They are talking about the story they want to create using the iPad. They know that they can easily change fonts, add their voice, and create a polished finished product.|